- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Retail Store of the Year Design Competition early bird rate ends on Nov. 29
- RadioShack opening ‘retro’ store in Fort Worth, Texas
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Data breach is hot topic at SPECS 2014
Lubbock, Texas -- United Supermarkets officially entered the convenience market on Wednesday with the opening of its first United Express location, in Lubbock, Texas. It is the company’s first standalone convenience store.
The location includes a six-pump fuel station and will feature fresh offerings along with the traditional items guests would expect to find at a convenience store.
“Our goal with United Express is to take the offerings and products such as prepared foods which have been most successful in our A Taste of Market Street stores, as well as those on-the-go convenience items, and blend them where guests will see traditional offerings with a unique United flair,” explained Chris Bridgford, the company’s director of fuel and convenience operations.