- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Survey: Most Americans believe retailers fake holiday discounts
- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
- ShopperTrak: Holiday sales up 2.7% on lower traffic
Bolingbrook, Ill. -- Ulta Beauty reported that its holiday revenue grew 23.2% as sales “strongly” rebounded the weekend before Christmas.
Total sales for the seven-week holiday period were $475.6 million, compared with $386 million in the year-ago period. Same-store sales increased 7.4%, on top of a 12.6% increase during the same period in the prior year.
“After a record sales performance during the Black Friday and Cyber Monday weekend, sales in December slowed before strongly rebounding the weekend before Christmas. Customers were more sensitive to value as they shopped our stores and online throughout the holiday period. We believe we gained market share across our major categories, with prestige skin care and cosmetics delivering our strongest growth,” stated Chuck Rubin, president and CEO.