- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- Retail Store of the Year Design Competition early bird rate ends on Nov. 29
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
Dallas -- Tuesday Morning Corp. said Monday that net income for the quarter ended Dec. 31 was $17.3 million, compared with $18.5 million in the year-ago period.
Net sales decreased 3.6% to $279.3 million from $289.6 million. Same-store sales decreased 3.2%.
According to Kathleen Mason, president and CEO: "We anticipate that we will return to positive comparable sales for the remainder of the fiscal year.” Tuesday Morning reported four consecutive quarters of same-store sales growth prior to the second quarter.
The closeout retailer opened six stores during the quarter, relocated six stores and closed one store. It currently operates 845 stores in 43 states.