- Haagen-Dazs Shoppe partners with Buxton to map out expansion strategy
- Sprouts Farmers Market to roll out AccessVia’s signage solution
- Congress extends implementation date of final rule governing gift cards
- Retailers: Get your e-mails past the judge and the jury
- Neiman Marcus partners with Usablenet to launch mobile shopping site
Los Angeles -- TruConnect Mobile LLC announced it has partnered with Walmart Stores to deliver a new prepaid mobile broadband service called Internet on the Go.
The new offering, which is exclusively sold at Walmart, features a service plan from TruConnect with no monthly fee and where the data balance never expires (if used once a year). This is different from other low-cost prepaid monthly services where unused megabytes are wasted at the end of the month – potentially driving up the cost.
“In today’s world of high connectivity, we want to make connecting to the Internet more accessible and affordable for our customers,” said Seong Ohm, senior VP and general merchandise manager for entertainment, Walmart U.S. “By providing an assortment of mobile broadband products at a low price, our customers can now choose to connect to the Internet when they want, where they want.”
To get Internet on the Go, customers purchase a MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot by Novatel Wireless, Inc., purchase the Internet on the Go service, register online and turn on the device.