- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- 5 Reasons Retailers Can't Miss Customer Disruption 2014
Los Angeles -- TruConnect Mobile LLC announced it has partnered with Walmart Stores to deliver a new prepaid mobile broadband service called Internet on the Go.
The new offering, which is exclusively sold at Walmart, features a service plan from TruConnect with no monthly fee and where the data balance never expires (if used once a year). This is different from other low-cost prepaid monthly services where unused megabytes are wasted at the end of the month – potentially driving up the cost.
“In today’s world of high connectivity, we want to make connecting to the Internet more accessible and affordable for our customers,” said Seong Ohm, senior VP and general merchandise manager for entertainment, Walmart U.S. “By providing an assortment of mobile broadband products at a low price, our customers can now choose to connect to the Internet when they want, where they want.”
To get Internet on the Go, customers purchase a MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot by Novatel Wireless, Inc., purchase the Internet on the Go service, register online and turn on the device.