- HSN Inc. increases net income, sales during Q4 and fiscal 2013
- Tractor Supply names former Ulta Beauty and Sears Holdings exec as CIO
- Tractor Supply names Luxottica exec to board
- Tractor Supply to open 1,300th store; plans 2,100 units
- Tractor Supply Co. posts strong Q1; on track to open 100+ stores this year
Brentwood, Tenn. — Tractor Supply Co. reported that net income for the quarter was $79.5 million, compared with net income of $70.5 million in the fourth quarter of the prior year.
Net sales for the fourth quarter increased to $1.29 billion, or 3.7% over the prior year's 14-week period.
Same-store sales increased 4.7%, compared with a strong 7.6% increase in the prior-year period.
The company opened 25 new stores in fourth quarter 2012, compared with 31 new store openings in the prior year's fourth quarter.
For the full year, the company reported that net sales increased to $4.66 billion, or 10.2% over the prior year's 53-week period. Same-store sales increased 5.3%, compared with an 8.2% increase in fiscal 2011.
For fiscal 2012, net income was $276.5 million, compared with net income of $222.7 million for fiscal 2011.
The company opened 93 stores and closed two stores during fiscal 2012 compared to 85 new store openings and one store closure during fiscal 2011.