- Walmart bringing back 8,500 products in bid to end sales slump
- Toys ‘R’ Us opening 21 stores and remodeling 23 locations in 2011
- Survey: Holiday sales to hit $519 billion; strongest growth will be in electronics
- ShopperTrak ups holiday forecast on early traffic
- ShopperTrak reports 2.3% rise in year-over-year sales
Wayne, N.J. -- Toys “R” Us has named Richard Barry as senior VP, chief merchandising officer, Toys“R”Us, U.S. In his new role, Barry is responsible for all aspects of merchandising initiatives for the company’s U.S. operations.
Prior to the promotion, Barry served as VP, general merchandising manager for Toys“R”Us, U.S., overseeing the learning and electronics and entertainment product categories.
In addition, the retailer appointed Lisa Harnisch as senior VP, general merchandising manager, Toys, overseeing the merchandising function for the core toy, seasonal and learning product categories.