- Finish Line Q1 profit doubles; sales boosted by online and in-store Macy’s shops
- Teavana president joins Starbucks board
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
- Workers at Macy’s store in Massachusetts can unionize
- Macy’s promotes head merchant to president
Wayne, N.J. -- Toys “R” Us and Macy’s announced Wednesday that the pair will team on a Toys “R” Us Express-branded in-store program slated to open in 24 Macy’s stores during the holiday selling season.
Beginning mid-October and running through mid-January, the holiday temp departments will operate on a leased basis, will average about 1,500 sq. ft. each and will offer an edited selection of the Toys “R” Us product assortment.
“By partnering with Toys “R” Us, we can offer a comprehensive toy assortment and one-stop shopping in this largest gift-giving time of the year,” said Jeff Gennette, Macy’s chief merchandising officer.
The 24 Macy’s stores are all located in major markets, which, said the companies, could serve as test cases for an expanded pop-up toy shop concept in the future.