- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Toys ‘R’ Us sets Black Friday weekend deals
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
Wayne, N.J. -- Toys “R” Us said Tuesday that it will waive upfront service fees for its holiday layaway program, kicking off immediately and running through Oct. 31.
The retailer will also remove its minimum purchase requirement, and customers have until Dec. 16 to pick up orders.
Year-round layaway programs will continue, but will have the customary $5 service fee attached.
“Providing our customers flexible payment terms, without requiring an upfront service fee, is our most attractive layaway offer yet,” said Troy Rice, executive VP stores and services.
Toys “R” Us’ layaway program calls for a 20% down-payment at time of order.