- Tesco to debut F&F apparel format in U.S., with seven stores by year-end
- Topshop to open Fifth Avenue flagship; four other U.S. stores
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Verizon partners with Tesco to transform global opportunities
- Tesco CEO resists calls to resign amid falling profits
London, Tesco has begun its long-awaited launch in the United States. With no fanfare, the company opened its first "Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market" store late last week, according to Reuters. The store is in the small city of Hemet, which is located outside of Los Angeles.
Tesco will open five stores in Los Angeles on Thursday.
In the coming weeks, Fresh & Easy will roll out more than 120 stores across Los Angles, Las Vegas, Phoenix and San Diego.
Tesco's U.S. launch has been widely trailed, with industry watchers predicting it could cause a shake-up of the world's largest and most competitive consumer market.