- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- Neiman Marcus gives update on security breach
San Francisco – Target opened a new Technology Innovation Center in San Francisco, on May 20. The center, located in shared space with the digital marketing agency SapientNitro, employs about 20 people, including some shared SapientNitro employees. Target will use the center to develop mobile and e-commerce services, allowing it to better compete with online-savvy rivals such as Amazon.com.
“It’s about how do we get further ahead of some of those emerging technologies,” said David Newman, director of the Technology Innovation Center. “How do we find those things that are just starting to be funded by the venture capital community?”