- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Target data breach may affect 40 million customers
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
New York -- Fast Company magazine and Target are sponsoring a competition, the Target Retail Accelerator, that will award $75,000 to a developer who creates the best new mobile app or mobile website for the retailer.
Fast Company will chronicle the developers' efforts on the website of its new technology vertical Co.Labs.
"Innovation is core to Target's culture and strategy, and we are always looking for new ideas to enhance the shopping experience for our guests," Target president for multichannel and SVP enterprise strategy Casey Carl said. "We're proud to partner with an innovative publication like Fast Company, and we can't wait to see what the developer community brings to the table through the Retail Accelerator.”
Entries for the Retail Accelerator challenge will be accepted March 8 to April 30. Seven finalists will be selected in May by a panel of judges including Target and Fast Company executives, as well as industry experts to be named at a later date. Each finalist will receive $10,000 to put toward development of their prototypes. The finalists will then build and present refined prototypes, and in July a winner will be announced to receive the $75,000 grand prize. Target will then work to bring the winning idea to life.