- Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday 2013 — Shopper Social Sentiment
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- CashStar Retailer Roundtable puts m-commerce and digital gift cards in spotlight
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- SAP uses social sentiment to analyze back-to-school shopping
New York City Online U.S. retail sales are expected to surge on Monday as shoppers look for more discounts, but overall holiday Web sales will remain weak due to the economy, according to many analysts.
According to a Shop.org survey conducted this weekend by BIGresearch, 84.6 million consumers plan to shop online from home or at work on Monday, up from 72 million in 2007.
Online sales rose 1% on Black Friday to $534 million, the tracking firm comScore said on Sunday. Combined with Web sales on Thanksgiving, the figure rose 2%.