- Walmart bringing back 8,500 products in bid to end sales slump
- How retailers can achieve differentiation with shopper-centric merchandising
- ShopperTrak ups holiday forecast on early traffic
- ShopperTrak reports 2.3% rise in year-over-year sales
- Survey: Holiday sales to hit $519 billion; strongest growth will be in electronics
Seattle -- Sur La Table said Thursday it has promoted Jacob Maurer to the position of SVP – general merchandising manager for the kitchen goods chain.
The promotion is effective immediately, and will put Maurer in charge of all merchandise buying and product development functions for the company.
Maurer joined Sur La Table in 2003 as a store manager, opening the chain’s first Massachusetts store located in Chestnut Hill. In October 2004 he joined the company’s merchandising team in Seattle and rose to VP merchandising by 2009.