- Supervalu Q4 profit beats Street, will remodel 55 to 75 units in 2011
- SuperValu returns to profit in Q2; on track to open 80 to 90 Save-A-Lot stores
- Supervalu joins DOE’s Better Buildings Challenge
- Report: SuperValu to open 160 Save-A-Lot stores in 2011
- Supervalu fires Herkert as CEO; appoints chairman to post
Minneapolis -- Supervalu announced that it is restructuring its executive leadership team to ensure alignment around the company’s goals and to better drive and execute the company’s business turnaround.
Kevin Holt has taken on an expanded role as president of Supervalu Retail. In this position, Holt will drive the overall strategy for the company’s traditional retail and pharmacy divisions, including overseeing the marketing and merchandising functions. Holt came to Supervalu in May from Hudsonville Ice Cream and Kilwin’s Quality Confections in Michigan, where he was the president.
As part of this change, executive VP and chief marketing officer Michael Moore will now report to Holt, as will Tim Lowe, who has been promoted to executive VP of merchandising.
In addition, company-veteran Janel Haugarth has accepted the newly created position of executive VP, business optimization and process improvement. She will oversee efficiency and cost-cutting efforts.