- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Supervalu doubles net earnings; commits to rebranding retail banners
- Supervalu plans streamlined independent business operation
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
Minneapolis -- Supervalu announced that Bill Parker has been named the interim president of Farm Fresh Food & Pharmacy, a 43- store division in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk, Va., market, effective Sept. 15.
Parker, Farm Fresh’s current senior VP merchandising, will replace Gaelo de la Fuente who became the company’s president in April 2010 and is leaving the company to pursue other interests.