- SuperValu returns to profit in Q2; on track to open 80 to 90 Save-A-Lot stores
- Wal-Mart CEO outlines priorities at annual meeting
- 7-Eleven continues aggressive growth with purchase of 183 ExxonMobile sites
- Best Buy to open 150 mobile stores in fiscal 2012
- Report: SuperValu to open 160 Save-A-Lot stores in 2011
West Bridgewater, Mass. -- Supervalu said Monday it has cut about 700 store-level positions at the company’s Shaw's and Star Market stores in New England.
“As we continue to look at the best ways to achieve success, we recognized an opportunity to align our work force to more effectively serve the marketplace by scheduling team members more appropriately to serve customers at the times they shop,” said Mike Stigers, president of Shaw's. “These changes will help us to compete more effectively in a rapidly changing marketplace.”
Throughout five New England states, there are 169 Shaw's store locations employing approximately 17,000 associates.