- Supervalu Q4 profit beats Street, will remodel 55 to 75 units in 2011
- Report: SuperValu to open 160 Save-A-Lot stores in 2011
- SuperValu returns to profit in Q2; on track to open 80 to 90 Save-A-Lot stores
- Supervalu joins DOE’s Better Buildings Challenge
- Supervalu fires Herkert as CEO; appoints chairman to post
New York -- Supervalu plans to cut as many as 2,500 positions at its Albertsons unit. The reductions, which will occur across all 247 Albertsons stores in California and Nevada, will begin the week of June 17 and should be completed around July 1, according to a statement.
“A decision of this nature is never easy, but it is the necessary step for us to take to help improve our business and accelerate our turnaround," Dan Sanders, president of the Albertsons Southern California Division, said in a statement.