- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Bloomberg: Home Depot cutting health benefits for 20,000 part-timers
- Helena Foulkes named president of CVS/pharmacy
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
Camp Hill, Pa. Rite Aid Corp. announced Thursday that it has appointed Ken Martindale, a retail veteran with more than 35 years of diverse marketing, merchandising and operations experience, as senior executive VP of merchandising, marketing and logistics. His appointment is effective immediately.
In this position, Martindale, 48, is responsible for category management, merchandising, marketing, supply chain and inventory management for Rite Aid.
Martindale most recently served as co-president, chief merchandising and marketing officer for Pathmark Stores, a $4.0 billion regional supermarket chain with a strong pharmacy business. He served there until December 2007 when the company was sold to the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co.