- Starbucks' new Teavana Fine Teas + Tea Bar format debuts in New York City
- Krispy Kreme to open 25 stores in Colombia
- Sonic Corp. taps Micros Systems as its POS and strategic enterprise partner
- Another first for Starbucks: Store on a train
- Edible Arrangements targeting malls with new Edible To Go concept
Milford, Conn. -- Subway Restaurants said Monday that its franchisees have opened nearly 600 new locations in 48 countries, 42 U.S. states and seven Canadian provinces over the past three months, bringing the total of new Subway restaurants to just over 1,200 for the year so far.
The new restaurants account for 1.4 million sq. ft. of retail space.
According to the company, milestones for the period include reaching more than 600 locations in Brazil, 300 locations in Oregon, 200 in Russia and the very first Subway restaurant in Liechtenstein.