- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Starbucks' new Teavana Fine Teas + Tea Bar format debuts in New York City
- Krispy Kreme to open 25 stores in Colombia
- Retail Store of the Year Design Competition early bird rate ends on Nov. 29
New York City -- Subway Restaurants plans to add 2,500 restaurants in 2012, according to a report on QSRweb.com.
In 2011, Subway opened more than 2,100 locations, including 1,000 new units in the United States and Canada. A big part of the chain's growth came from nontraditional spaces such as convenience stores, department stores, train stations, museums, hotel lobbies and movie theaters, the report said.