- BJ’s closing five locations, restructuring home office and select field ops
- Retailers post strong November sales, apparel a top-performer
- Charming Charlie’s makes Massachusetts debut
- Bluestone Energy Services helps Stop & Shop reduces energy consumption
- Stop & Shop’s new 'next evolution' grocery store built to be energy efficient
Quincy, Mass., Stop & Shop Supermarket Co., a unit of Dutch grocer Ahold Ltd., said it would close its distribution facility in North Haven, Conn., by mid-2006, resulting in the loss of about 850 jobs. Distribution of products currently handled by the facility will be shifted to the company’s distribution center in Freetown, Mass., and to a third-party supplier, the company said.