- CashStar Retailer Roundtable puts m-commerce and digital gift cards in spotlight
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- How Technology Has Revolutionized Sales Tax Management
- SAP uses social sentiment to analyze back-to-school shopping
- Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday 2013 — Shopper Social Sentiment
Jacksonville, Fla. -- Stein Mart Inc. has officially opened its online store, which offers both brick-and-mortar store merchandise and unique online-only offerings. The chain is among the first in the off-price category to enter e-commerce
Stein Mart plans to continue expanding the site’s assortment, including a limited selection of shoes, during the next several weeks. As Stein Mart executives explain in the current August/September issue of Chain Store Age, the key drivers for becoming one of the first off-price retailers to have a fully functional e-commerce site were expanding the customer base and responding to requests from existing customers for 24-hour shopping access.
“We are excited to announce that we are in the e-commerce business and happy to be able to serve our customers who like to shop online," said Jay Stein, CEO of Stein Mart. “As we learn more and grow this business, we anticipate that this channel will rapidly become our largest flagship ‘store.’”