- Top Consumer Trends for 2011
- J.C. Penney adopts poison pill
- Bridging the online/offline divide: Five ways to bring online presence into your store
- All retail is local: Four marketing strategies from your local politician
- Ensuring PCI DSS compliance without going broke or sacrificing your customers’ experience
Framingham, Mass. -- Staples announced that Faisal Masud has been appointed executive VP, global e-commerce, effective May 20, 2013. In this newly created role, Masud will be responsible for leading online and digital growth. He will report to Demos Parneros, president of North American stores and online for Staples.
He joins Staples from Groupon, Inc., where he was VP and general manager, responsible for managing Groupon Goods’ strategy and execution in over 35 countries, and directly managed all functions for his business unit, including merchandising, inventory, marketing, engineering and operations.
Prior to joining Groupon, Masud was head of global shipping and cross-border trade for eBay-PayPal. Previously, he was general manager, worldwide warehouse deals and global sourcing, with Amazon, where he led the development and implementation of a new retail storefront and managed the overall strategy for Amazon’s trade-in platform traffic generation, customer acquisition and pricing policy.