- Barneys Co-Op Named Store of the Year in CSA Design Competition
- J.C. Penney pins future on new, three-tiered pricing strategy and in-store shops
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Apple’s Ron Johnson to become CEO of J.C. Penney
- Michael Francis leaves Target for J.C. Penney
Houston -- Stage Stores Inc.'s second-quarter net income dropped 18% and the department store operator lowered its expectations for the year.
The retailer earned $9.6 million in the quarter that ended Aug. 3, compared to $11.7 million last year.
Revenue rose more than 3% to $395.3 million, missing Wall Street expectations.