- J.C. Penney pursues sustainability in fiscal year 2012
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Verizon, Mall of America, Bloomington, Minn.
New York -- Standard & Poor's Ratings Services is further lowering its credit rating on J.C. Penney Co., attributing the move to a continuing weak performance.
J.C. Penney’s corporate credit rating has been lowered to "B+" from "BB-." The junk rating is four notches below investment grade. The move marks the second downgrade from S&P since mid-May.