- CSA First Look: J.C. Penney's Brooklyn Debut
- Ron Johnson: ‘I was a terrible fit for J.C. Penney’
- J.C. Penney opens its first-ever store in Brooklyn on Aug. 29
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
- Report: HSN’s Mindy Grossman declined J.C. Penney CEO offer
New York -- Standard & Poor's Ratings Services is further lowering its credit rating on J.C. Penney Co., attributing the move to a continuing weak performance.
J.C. Penney’s corporate credit rating has been lowered to "B+" from "BB-." The junk rating is four notches below investment grade. The move marks the second downgrade from S&P since mid-May.