- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- CashStar Retailer Roundtable puts m-commerce and digital gift cards in spotlight
- How Technology Has Revolutionized Sales Tax Management
- How to Build Loyalty and Sales this Holiday Season and Beyond
- Deloitte: Holiday shoppers use smartphones, stay local
Palo Alto, Calif. -- Location-based shopping app shopkick said Tuesday that it has forged a partnership with 228-unit Giant Eagle to implement mobile marketing technology called kickbuys at its grocery stores.
Kickbuys, according to shopkick, are the first-ever rewards for buying specific products or specific brands at supermarkets. Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Unilever are the partner brands at launch.
As part of the just-announced program, shoppers buy featured items from these brands, as shown on the shopkick app, at any of Giant Eagle’s 228 supermarkets to collect “kicks” – shopkick’s reward currency – good for gift cards at shopkick retail partners, song downloads, movie tickets, travel vouchers, and more.
“We believe that shopkick’s location-based shopping app is a valuable addition to our growing array of mobile customer offerings, led by our Giant Eagle app and eOffers digital coupon program,” said Rob Borella, Giant Eagle spokesperson. “Much like our fuelperks! and foodperks! customer loyalty programs, kickbuys are another unique way for customers to be rewarded for choosing to shop in our stores.”