- Shoe Carnival earnings drop on income tax expenses; plans 23–28 stores
- DSW moving into Canadian market; buys 44% stake in Canada’s Town Shoes
- Shoe Carnival launching first national ad campaign
- Expenses trip up Shoe Carnival profits
- Shoe Carnival partners with ‘Devious Maids’ for omni-channel campaign
Evansville, Ind. -- Shoe Carnival reported Monday that net earnings for the quarter ended Jan. 28 slipped to $3.2 million, compared with $3.3 million in the year-ago period.
Revenue rose 13.1% to $205.7 million from $181.9 million, and same-store sales edged up 0.5%.
For the full year, profit rose to $29.3 million from $26.4 million, sales increased 12.1% to $855 million, and same-store sales advanced 4.5%.
In fiscal 2013, the company said it expects to open 30 to 35 new stores, relocate seven stores and close five to seven stores.