- Office Depot's global headquarters earns Energy Star certification
- Sears Holdings equipping store associates with iPads and iPod Touch devices
- Illinois lawmakers reach deal to keep Sears HQ in state
- Kohl’s named 2011 Energy Star Partner of the Year
- Sears releases partial list of store closings; Florida hit hardest
Hoffman Estates, Ill. -- Sears Holdings Corp. said Tuesday it was named 2011 Energy Star partner of the year in the product retailer category by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
The award is Sears’ second consecutive.
"This award is a reflection of the significant commitment our entire organization has made to promote energy efficiency and help our customers make changes that allow them to save money," said Lou D'Ambrosio, CEO and president of Sears Holdings.
Among the initiatives that contributed to Sears Holdings’ EPA award were the national campaign “The Big Switch” that drove customers to convert to Energy Star-qualified partners, along with the retailer’s enhanced collection of Energy Star products and its Energy Star employee training program.
The 2011 Retail Partner of the Year Award is given to manufacturers and retailers that successfully promote and deliver Energy Star qualified products, saving consumers money and reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Sears Holdings' accomplishments will be recognized at an awards ceremony in Washington, D.C., on April 12.