- Apple and IBM partner for business software
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Kohl's, Toshiba partner with Plug and Play in retail accelerator program
Cleveland -- CenterMark Development LLC announced that Save-A-Lot Food Stores, along with the Ohio debut of discount apparel retailer Forman Mills, will anchor The Shops at Garrett Square. The 65,000-sq.-ft. project is the first phase of a neighborhood revitalization plan envisioned by city officials seven years ago, and plans call for subsequent development of up to two more retail outlots targeting much‐needed retail uses.
CenterMark said it expects to complete its $1.3 million rehabilitation and turn over the retail spaces to tenants in December in order for them to tailor their interior improvements. Grand opening is expected in spring 2012.
“As a value‐minded neighborhood grocer, Save‐A‐Lot is pleased to be part of this neighborhood revitalization project by bringing a new grocery store and more than 20 new jobs to this community,” said Chon Tomlin, external communications manager for Save‐A‐Lot.