- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Walmart To Go, Bentonville, Arkansas
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Wal-Mart cuts profit forecast on sluggish Q2
Bentonville, Ark. For the first time in its history, Sam's Club, a division of Wal-Mart Stores, is offering a $10 membership, good for 10 weeks, for those who are not currently members.
The warehouse-club retailer will hold two weekend events Oct. 17 to Oct. 19 and Oct. 24 to Oct. 26 for consumers to sign up for this membership during regular club hours.
"With a temporary 10-week membership we'll be able to give those who sign up a good chance to see what we can do for them everyday, and through the holidays," said Mike Turner, VP, membership at Sam's Club.
The chain launched a national radio campaign this week and plans newspaper advertising to support the special membership deal.