- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Saks’ Chicago flagship to devote two floors to new in-store men’s format, The Fifth Man
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Neiman Marcus gives update on security breach
New York -- Saks Inc. has opened its first Saks Fifth Avenue store in Kazakhstan, in the city of Almaty.
The three-level, approximate 91,000 sq. ft. store is located in the Esentai Shopping Mall, which is the first of its kind in Kazakhstan. In addition to being anchored by Saks Fifth Avenue, the Esentai Shopping Mall includes a large selection of branded luxury fashion and jewelry stores. The shopping mall is part of Esentai Park, a new mixed-use development which includes luxury residential and commercial towers as well as a five-star hotel, which is expected to open in 2013.