- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Saks Off 5th plans seven new stores
- Saks’ Chicago flagship to devote two floors to new in-store men’s format, The Fifth Man
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
New York City -- Saks said Tuesday it will open a licensed Saks Fifth Avenue store in Almaty, Kazakhstan, in August 2012.
The full-line department store, which will tailor its merchandise to the region, will open in Esentai Shopping Mall, which is part of a new mixed-use development featuring residential, office and hospitality components.
The three-story, 91,000-sq.-ft. store will showcase a three-story-high, state-of-the-art digital video screen on the building’s facade.
We “believe that Almaty, Kazakhstan, with its rapidly expanding affluent population, will be a great fit for Saks Fifth Avenue,” said Stephen I. Sadove, chairman and CEO, Saks.
The licensee is VILED Group, based in Almaty.