- Saks Off 5th plans seven new stores
- Saks’ Chicago flagship to devote two floors to new in-store men’s format, The Fifth Man
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Hudson’s Bay appoints Harrod’s exec to run Saks
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
New York City Saks Inc. announced it will open a 28,000-sq.-ft. Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH in San Antonio, in spring 2009. The new store will be located in The Rim, an upscale lifestyle shopping and entertainment center located in the city’s northwest corridor.
Additional new OFF 5Th locations are planned for The Arches at Deer Park in Deer Park, N.Y., opening in October 2008; Prime Outlets in St. Augustine, Fla., November 2008; Rio Grande Valley Premium Outlets in Mercedes, Texas, November 2008; The Legends at Sparks Marina in Reno-Sparks, Nevada, May 2009; Cincinnati Premium Outlets in Monroe, Ohio, August 2009; and Grand Prairie Prime Outlets in Grand Prairie, Texas, November 2009.