- Saks’ Chicago flagship to devote two floors to new in-store men’s format, The Fifth Man
- Saks Off 5th plans seven new stores
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Hudson’s Bay appoints Harrod’s exec to run Saks
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
New York City -- Saks’ Off 5th outlet division announced Tuesday that it plans to open four new stores this year – Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Northbrook, Ill., and Charleston, S.C.
Additionally, the Off 5th arm said it will open a new store at the Market at Town Center in Sugar Land, Texas, that will replace its store located at The Fountains in Stafford, Texas.
The stores will range from 25,000 sq. ft. to 28,000 sq. ft. and will be modeled in Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th new ‘luxury in a loft’ store design, which maximizes efficiency and flexibility, enabling easy changes in the general layout. All fixtures will be on casters, ensuring ease in movement, and all hardware will be interchangeable between fixtures, according to the retailer.