- Saks Off 5th plans seven new stores
- Saks’ Chicago flagship to devote two floors to new in-store men’s format, The Fifth Man
- Hudson’s Bay appoints Harrod’s exec to run Saks
- Harrods exec tapped as Saks chief marketing officer
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
New York City Saks plans to open new prototype stores as a part of an effort to grow its OFF 5th businesses, Saks chairman and CEO Stephen I. Sadove said during the company’s fourth-quarter conference call.
Sadove said that the first prototype will open in Orlando, Fla. in April. Saks plans to open other new locations later in the year.
The company also expects to expand its 10022-SHOE concept to its Beverly Hills, Houston, Phoenix, Costa Mesa, Calif., San Francisco and Miami locations by the end of 2008.
The company’s flagship store will also be getting some attention this year. According to Sadove, the company will add new vendors and expand existing, productive categories like handbags and women's designer apparel.