- Saks Off 5th plans seven new stores
- Saks’ Chicago flagship to devote two floors to new in-store men’s format, The Fifth Man
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Hudson’s Bay appoints Harrod’s exec to run Saks
- Harrods exec tapped as Saks chief marketing officer
New York -- Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th announced that it plans to open a store in Merrimack, Mass., on June 14.
The 28,032-sq.-ft. store is located in Merrimack Premium Outlets, a new shopping center 55 miles northwest of Boston. The store’s launch will coincide with the outlet’s grand opening celebration, which will last from June 14 until June 17. Operated by Simon Malls, the Outlet Center will be home to a collection of 100 designer and name-brand outlet stores, up to four restaurants and a food court.
The new Off 5th store will feature the retailer’s “luxury-in-a-loft’ store design, which maximizes efficiency and flexibility, enabling easy changes in the general layout. The space will be bright, uncluttered, with no hard aisles and one consistent hard-surface floor throughout. All fixtures will be on casters, ensuring ease in movement, and all hardware will be interchangeable between fixtures.