- Saks’ Chicago flagship to devote two floors to new in-store men’s format, The Fifth Man
- Harrods exec tapped as Saks chief marketing officer
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
- Retail Store of the Year Design Competition early bird rate ends on Nov. 29
New York City -- Saks plans to close its 20,000-sq.-ft. Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th store in Triangle Factory Outlets in Morrisville, N.C., (metropolitan Raleigh) by Jan. 1.
The company opened a 30,000-sq.-ft. Off 5th location in Tanger Outlet Center of the Piedmont in nearby Mebane, N.C., in 2010, which will serve as a replacement store for the closing location. The new Mebane store was designed in the chain’s loft” format that debuted in 2008 and which redefined and elevated the outlet shopping experience.
All affected associates either will be offered transfer opportunities or will receive appropriate employment separation packages, Saks said.