- Saks’ Chicago flagship to devote two floors to new in-store men’s format, The Fifth Man
- Saks Off 5th plans seven new stores
- Hudson’s Bay appoints Harrod’s exec to run Saks
- Harrods exec tapped as Saks chief marketing officer
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
New York City -- Saks plans to close its 20,000-sq.-ft. Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th store in Triangle Factory Outlets in Morrisville, N.C., (metropolitan Raleigh) by Jan. 1.
The company opened a 30,000-sq.-ft. Off 5th location in Tanger Outlet Center of the Piedmont in nearby Mebane, N.C., in 2010, which will serve as a replacement store for the closing location. The new Mebane store was designed in the chain’s loft” format that debuted in 2008 and which redefined and elevated the outlet shopping experience.
All affected associates either will be offered transfer opportunities or will receive appropriate employment separation packages, Saks said.