- Report: Safeway takes bids for shopping center development business
- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in $9.1 billion deal
- No more bidders for Safeway as ‘go shop’ period expires
- Target replaces Canada head, promotes U.S. execs
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
Pleasanton, Calif. -- Safeway has named Brian Baer president of its Dominick’s Finer Foods division in the Chicago area.
Baer had been acting president of Dominick’s since last July when the previous president, Don Kperta, resigned.
Baer joined Safeway in 2001 as VP finance for the company’s Phoenix division. In 2008, he was appointed CFO at Dominick’s.