- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Bloomberg: Home Depot cutting health benefits for 20,000 part-timers
- Redeveloping Retail: America’s Top Redevelopers
Topeka, Kan., Payless ShoeSource officially elected Matthew Rubel to CEO and president, effective today. Rubel was also elected to the board of directors. As part of a previously announced plan to name a non-executive chairman of the board, Howard Fricke has been elected chairman. Previously, the titles of chairman and CEO belonged to Steven Douglass, who resigned.
Rubel previously was chairman and CEO of Cole Haan, a subsidiary of Nike Inc.