- dd’s Discounts to open in downtown Portland, Oregon
- Mid-America brings new retailers to River Forest Town Center
- Under Armour to open its biggest store to date, in Chicago
- Ross Stores names chief merchandising officer Barbara Rentler as new CEO
- Englewood Construction completes Harry Carray complex in Chicago
Pleasanton, Calif. -- Ross Stores said Tuesday that it will simultaneously open 12 stores on Oct. 8, all located in the greater Chicago area.
The new Ross Dress for Less stores will open simultaneously in Algonquin, Arlington Heights, Bloomingdale, Crystal Lake, Matteson, Naperville, Niles, Orland Park, Rockford, Schaumburg, Skokie and South Elgin.
"We are excited to be entering the Chicago area, which will significantly expand our national footprint," said Michael Balmuth, vice chairman and CEO, Ross Stores.
Ross said the new store openings will generate about 600 jobs.