- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Bloomberg: Home Depot cutting health benefits for 20,000 part-timers
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- The Three Rules of CRM: Automate, Automate, Automate
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
New York City Wegmans, Starbucks and Whole Foods were among the retailers featured on Fortune’s 2008 “100 Best Companies to Work For” list.
Other retailers that made the list include Nugget Markets, eBay, The Container Store, Stew Leonard’s, Recreational Equipment, Nordstrom, CarMax and Publix.
Out of the retailers listed, Wegmans was the only one that retained its No. 3 position from the previous year. Starbucks (No. 7), Nugget Markets (No. 12) Whole Foods (No. 16), Stew Leonard’s (No. 26), and CarMax (No. 46) all jumped to higher positions on the list. Recreational Equipment (No. 34), Nordstrom (No. 36) and Publix (No. 91) had dropped from their previous spots.
The Container Store, which was included in the top ten in 2007, fell to the 20th position in 2008.
eBay, which did not appear on the 2007 list, was No. 68 in 2008.