- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
Bentonville, Ark. – Wal-Mart’s South African subsidiary Massmart Holdings Ltd. is reportedly considering expanding into Kenya. According to an article in Bloomberg, Kenyan news outlets are reporting that Massmart executives have met with representatives of major Kenyan retail chains including Naivas Supermarket Ltd.
Naivas did not return phone calls from Bloomberg, while two other leading Kenyan retailers, Nakumatt Holdings Ltd. and Tuskys, have publicly denied they are considering selling. Wal-Mart CEO Grant Pattison acknowledged Wal-Mart’s interest in Kenya in an email to Bloomberg but declined to comment on any specific reports.