- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Wal-Mart International names new CEO
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
Santiago, Chile -- A report by Santiago newspaper Estrategia said that Wal-Mart Stores is considering opening banks in Chile and Argentina.
The report, circulated by Bloomberg, said that Wal-Mart completed a study into banking services in Argentina. In Chile, Wal-Mart operates the Presto credit card, which it acquired in the takeover of supermarket chain Distribucion y Servicio D&S SA in 2009.