- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Wal-Mart cuts profit forecast on sluggish Q2
New York -- A Wednesday report by Reuters said that Jerry Murray, the Wal-Mart finance VP who called the chain's early February sales "a total disaster" in an email made public by Bloomberg, has left the company, effective April 5.
Wal-Mart Stores has confirmed the report, telling Reuters that it was Murray's decision to leave and that his last day at Wal-Mart was Friday.
"In case you haven't seen a sales report these days, February (month-to-date) sales are a total disaster," Murray said in a Feb.12 email to other executives, Bloomberg reported on Feb.15. "The worst start to a month I have seen in my (about) seven years with the company.