- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Tesco to debut F&F apparel format in U.S., with seven stores by year-end
- Retail Store of the Year Design Competition early bird rate ends on Nov. 29
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
London -- A Tuesday report by Bloomberg said that Tesco Plc may be recovering from its financial doldrums, as the country’s largest supermarket chain has matched market growth for the first time in more than 18 months.
Citing Kantar Worldpanel’s latest market share figures, Bloomberg said that at Tesco stores rose 3.3% in the 12 weeks ended Jan. 20, the same pace as the industry. Growth exceeded Wal-Mart Stores’ Asda and J Sainsbury, which gained 2.1% and 3.2% respectively.