- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Survey: LLBean.com climbs to top of March online customer service rankings
- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
New York -- Publix Super Markets is interested in Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Bloomberg reported.
Royal Ahold, the Netherlands-based company that operates Stop & Shop, is also looking to making a bid for the North Carolina-based chain, according to various media reports.
Harris Teeter released a statement on Feb. 13 in which it said it hired JPMorgan to assist in holding talks with suitors after being approached by two buyout firms.