- Report: Home Depot to spend $300 million on tech, new DCs, same-day shipping
- Home Depot launches ‘Spring Black Friday’ sale
- Home Depot opens direct fulfillment center to support online
- Lowe's forms partnership with home-improvement matchmaker site
- Office Depot names former Toys 'R' Us exec as executive VP of retail
New York -- Lowe's is going on the offensive, and investing in a wide array of initiatives to win shoppers from rival The Home Depot.
“Everything we did [in the past] was store-centric. Today, we are all about the customer. So, it's about meeting the customer on their terms, no matter how they choose to interact with Lowe's: Whether it is in their room, at their jobsite, on the phone or on the web,” Robert Hull, CFO, Lowe’s, told Reuters.
Hull said he saw great potential to expand the company’s online business. He also said the company sees the opportunity to expand to 100 stores in Canada, where it currently operates 31 locations.