- MasterCard partners with Wired to offer ‘in-content purchasing’
- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
- Penney launches in-store Disney shops, new kids brands
- J.C. Penney pursues sustainability in fiscal year 2012
- Prosper Insights predicts holiday winners and losers
New York -- J.C. Penney Co. has hired the Blackstone Group explore how best to position the firm financially and help it raise cash, the Wall Street Journal reported.
The company is reportedly seeking $1 billion in cash, according to the Wall Street Journal, which added that options could include selling a minority stake. Penney already has been in contact with several private equity firms about a potential investment, according to the report.
A Penney spokeswoman said in the article that the company has hired outside advisors over the last several for "expertise about how to best position the company from a financial standpoint during the transformation.”