- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Redeveloping Retail: America’s Top Redevelopers
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
New York City -- Five state leaders in India made clear over the weekend their unwillingness to let foreign retailers set up shop in the country, the Associated Press reported.
Parliament adjourned Monday in an uproar over the issue and Communist Party-controlled trade unions have pledged to strike Thursday, the report said, and some politicians even threatened to burn down foreign stores that open under the new rules.
Click here to read the full story.