- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Ross Stores names chief merchandising officer Barbara Rentler as new CEO
- dd’s Discounts to open in downtown Portland, Oregon
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Facebook tests ‘buy’ button to help companies drive sales
New York City -- Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market is testing a mobile self-scanning device at its store in Burbank, Calif., according to a report on Fresh & Easy Buzz, an independent blog that follows the chain.
The scanning system, from Motorola, features a hand-held scanner device, which customers carry with them as they shop the store, the report said. Shoppers then scan the product codes on the items they purchase as they shop. The system allows shoppers to keep real time track of their purchases as they shop.